<< Previous Article | Generations of GM History Timeline | Next Article >>
The General Motors Technical Center in Warren, MI, was inaugurated on 1956-May-16, with U.S. President Dwight Eisenhower among the luminaries attending the ceremony. It was the largest and most futuristic research and engineering campus of its kind.
General Motors published this pamphlet for the Technical Center dedication in May 1956. It featured the remarks made by GM president Harlow Curtice
, GM Research Laboratories vice president Lawrence R. Hafstad, Research Labs founder Charles Kettering
, and U.S. President Dwight Eisenhower.
Click here to view the entire pamphlet.
Where Today Meets Tomorrow
This was the souvenir guide to the Technical Center produced for the dedication ceremony.
Click here to view the entire guide.