AC Spark Plug
Originally called Champion Ignition after its founder, Albert Champion, this operation was acquired by General Motors in 1909 and was re-named AC Spark Plug Company in 1922 and then AC Spark Plug Division in 1933. By then, it had become one of the best-known automotive aftermarket brands. In 1974, it became part of AC-Delco Division. In 1988, it was merged with Rochester Products to form the AC Rochester Division, which became part of AC Delco Systems in 1994. In 1995, it became part of Delphi Automotive Systems, which was spun off from GM in 1999.