Delco Electronics Corporation
Written by Bill Bowman
In 1935, in Kokomo, Indiana, Crosley Radio Corporation started building radios for Chevrolet. The following year, General Motors bought Crosley and renamed it Delco Radio Division. In 1970, Milwaukee based AC Electronics Division was consolidated with Delco Radio and renamed Delco Electronics Division.
In 1985, GM purchased Hughes Aircraft and merged it with Delco Electronics, Hughes Space and Communications and Hughes Network Systems to form General Motors Hughes Electronics.
In 1997, Delco Electronics is moved from General Motors Hughes Electronics to Delphi Automotive Systems and renamed Delphi Delco Electronics Systems.